Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Saturday, April 2, 2011

SoGoPro Street Team Sunday Interview: Lissy

Peter & Miryam are proud to present to you a new Sunday Interview with our street team member Lissy!!


Name: Lissy

Age: 22

SoGoPro.com Member for 1 Year and 8 Weeks

Profile: http://www.sogopro.com/user/3336

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lyzzleg

About me: I’m Alyssa or Lissy as you all know me by. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I graduated in May from the University of Wisconsin at Madison with a degree in Communications. My favorite things in life are Diet Coke, Raisinets, a good book, and a lazy day. I’m a family girl—I enjoy hanging out with them and my best four-legged friend, Tiki.

Favorite Music: I have a wide range of music that I love. The music I listen to depends on my mood. If I’m really tired, I go for the musicals and Broadway hits like Funny Girl, Rent, Sound of Music. If I am in a bad mood and need a pick-me-up, I do 90’s pop like The Spice Girls. I also love country music! But since One Tree Hill, I’ve been listening to music that’s been featured on the show. I have playlists for each couple…my Leyton one is the longest!!

Favorite Books: (I know: Flowers For Algernon, am I right? More?) Very good memory! Yes, Flowers for Algernon is my favorite book. It shows that your dreams aren’t as great as they seem. I have read it about 500 times and I still love it.

Room is another good one! Suspenseful and a Best Seller! I love the Twilight series—Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn. Breaking Dawn was my favorite of the four. My Nook is full of books that I need to get through and I just boug

ht three books from Borders the other day on sale! I love Chick Lit—Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin. Jennifer Weiner also writes great books—In her Shoes, Best Friends Forever. I love books that I can’t put down. Right now I’m reading The Secret Life of Bees. I’m only on chapter nine, but I like it a lot!

Books that make you feel like you know the character are my favorite because then you can understand WHY their actions can or cannot be justified.

Favorite Movies: This is a bit harder! Up Close and Personal w/ Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert Redford is definitely a top film. Funny Girl with the incredible Barbra Streisand, When Harry Met Sally (my Valentines day choice), It’s a Wonderful Life (that Jimmy Stewart/Donna Reed dynamic is great!)…I have a huge box of movies in my basement but those are just a few of my top choices. My new thing is to record movies from the Turner Classic Movie Channel and watch them when I have time. I have Tammy and the Bachelor, Doctor Zhivago, Hannah and Her Sisters, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf and My Fair Lady sitting on my digital box! I think I may have a problem!! Old movies were just full of one-liners and chemistry between the actors that you don’t really see nowadays.

______­_________________________

The Interview:

Peter & Miryam: So congratulations Lissy, you've been a member of SoGoPro for 1 year and 8 weeks already! How does that feel?

Lissy: Thanks Peter and Miryam! Has it been that long already? Wow! It feels great to be a part of a community in which every person is different. There are so many people that try to emulate others. SoGoPro is a place where people can be themselves and showcase their talents. I miss the Photo of the Month and also when Nick would post writings that he received from the members. Another thing to think about reviving is the Southern BBQ! I wasn’t around for it but I have so many questions that the Hellick could answer! Haha! It was nice seeing SoGoPro through other people’s eyes and minds.

Peter & Miryam: I’m with you on that note, Lissy! I can still remember us talking about being the newbies; sad to not have been part of SoGoPro since the beginning. Do you still feel like that? Or has that changed in some ways?

Lissy: Yes, I definitely remember that conversation! Every now and then I get that feeling like “I wish Hilarie knew my name and said it in her vlog!” (The second one I believe in which she mentions a BUNCH of users http://sogopro.comw/node/361) or “It must have been interesting to see SoGoPro when it was a blog.” You create new memories though. Now, it may be at a lull, but there are always people in the Cbox to talk to! I hope with the warmer seasons coming we start to see more action on the site and blog.

Peter & Miryam: Well, since the beginning of spring it sure seems like we’re all slowly waking up from our winter sleep! By now you have become very involved in the team as well, not just through chat, but also through twitter and blogs on the street team page. Now there have been some recent changes on the street team page and therefore in future you will also be part of the book club vlogs, right?

Lissy: Kaitlan Olivia did a book club vlog earlier this month that was cool to see (http://sogoprostreet.blogspot.com/2011/03/kaitlan-olivias-first-book-club-vlog.html). I know we all miss the old vlogs, but to see a member take initiative and see how she interpreted the book was refreshing. When I went to Wilmington, I bought We Have Always Lived in the Castle. It’s a bit out of my comfort zone…I’m trying to expand my horizons! Next time I look halfway decent, I’ll do a vlog for it!

Everyone who knows me knows I have a Twitter obsession. I will continue to spread the word via Twitter. Facebook isn’t really my niche anymore…Twitter is! My friends actually say it’s easier to get a hold of me through Twitter than it is to call or text. Sad right?! I have been a bit busy—I had my sister’s wedding, job searching, two internships. My goal is to get back into promoting the website and Street Team and contribute more!

Peter & Miryam: Are you nervous about that? What made you get so involved?

Lissy: Not nervous at all! Excited, actually! I asked my friend Liz if she knew if Hilarie had a Twitter. Peyton was my favorite character and of course, I would have to follow her if she did! I found SoGoPro, questioned WHY her name would be that, then hit follow. I checked out the website and hung around the Cbox for a bit. Annie and Niamh were there and I felt so welcomed!

Since then I’ve had Nick write a blog about a tweet I sent him and I saw his play, The Dying Words of Edison Strange when it was a table read in Athens, Ohio (http://sogoprostreet.blogspot.com/2010/10/dying-words-of-edison-strange-review.html). Drove an hour and 15 minutes but it was worth it! Nick commented on my blog, which made my life! I also won the FUL Backpack contest! That backpack was very useful during my Nashville trip!

I got to meet Kt, Ali and Andrea in Wilmy and it was so nice to finally put faces to the usernames! They were so helpful and my friend and I had a blast there!

The members at SoGoPro keep you coming back. Each person wants to see the projects that are produced a success and that’s why I am so involved.

Peter & Miryam: Yes, I remember how excited you (or actually we as well) were about that blog and the experiences you made! I followed your trip through the pictures and tweets you posted, still waiting for a blog on that ;)

What do books mean to you?

Lissy: Thank you I’m a busy girl! My Twitter feed was full of updates…maybe I’ll put them together and do a blog for everyone!

Books are an escape from reality. It is nice to come home from a tough day and read about someone else’s struggles or their triumphs. The books from the Book Club have all shown that the main character is different from those around them and deals with the pressures of a society that can’t accept them for who they are. Reading keeps your mind active and teaches you to embrace words.

Peter & Miryam: So true. So, if you could live in a book, which one would it be? Why? And would you like to come into the book's world as yourself or as another fictional character?

Lissy: That is a tough question! If I could live in a book? The Great Gatsby. I remember reading it in high school thinking that I wanted to be like Daisy and just go out for a night on the town in 1920s New York. The whole culture of that era intrigues me. The notion of the American Dream was so distant from what the characters actually experienced. There was so much going on during the ‘20s! I would have wanted to be myself and just see what life was like in those days.

Peter & Miryam: Oh, I can picture it! You would have a blast.

Do you feel like SoGoPro has had any impact on you/your life/your passions/etc. so far? How?

Lissy: I do feel like SoGoPro has had an impact on my life. I stop and look around at my surroundings more than I did before. I took my camera out this summer and snapped photos of the trees in my backyard and the flowers near the front of my house. I definitely notice the beauty in the simplest things now.

I have also become obsessed with books as you all can tell! Thank you Hilarie, Nick and KT for teaching me how to love books again.

Peter & Miryam: Mhh, that’s lovely! So then what was your favorite blog/vlog/podcast/project so far?

Lissy: Favorite vlog…a toss up between Bobby Gorgeous (“he looks like a 4th grader!” “If you see this dog, do not bring him near us!”) http://www.sogopro.com/node/428 or the Actor’s Guide where they flip the pages of the book. I used to quote it all of the time! “Accusation: OJ!” “Disperse the giddy goths.” http://www.sogopro.com/node/412 I could laugh at that for hours!!

Blog would be...the one where Hil talks about what kind of person you are. Lake, river, ocean. I need to find the link to that! Okay got it! (http://www.sogopro.com/node/1072). I’m pretty sure I’m an Ocean person. I want to explore new things, but I always end up staying in my safety zone. Too afraid to take the plunge into the depths of the vast ocean, yet wanting to spread my wings and jump full force into a new task. Maybe I’m in between an Ocean and a Lake? Not too sure!

Podcast was the Christmas podcast. Hearing about their childhoods was really funny and gave us a glimpse of what the Hellick were like as kids! http://sogopro.com/node/1134


As far as projects go, there’s always something! I loved being in the Secret Santa this year.

http://sogoprostreet.blogspot.com/2010/10/hey-guys-anneliese-here-just-quick.html

I know it’s a Street Team project, but so many were involved in making it great. Thank you Annie and Astrid for setting it up and to the fabulous Laura Mil for my gifts! I enjoyed the suspense of waiting until Christmas. I celebrate Hanukkah so now I know what it feels like to hold out those extra weeks!!

Peter & Miryam: Very good choices! And yes, I remember how difficult the wait was. And I loved how the Secret Santa not only brought us closer together, but also made us talk about how our different cultures (with SoGoPro being spread out over the entire globe) approach that season of the year!

You have been to Wilmington already and as you told us (and one can see from your pictures), it was a wonderful trip! Now, imagine yourself back there, just strolling along the street and suddenly standing infront of the Hellick, what would you do? How would that scenario go?

Lissy: Wilmington was amazing!! Liz (my wonderful OTH friend!) dealt with me that whole time. I commend her for that.

I met Kt and he was friendly as can be. I’m kicking myself for not getting a picture with him. He’s a busy man! But thank you for everything you did for us!

So I see the Hellick right? I take off and run toward them…or maybe just try and act casual. Knowing me though, I’d just say “Hi. I’m Alyssa. I’m a huge fan.” A few nods later, I’d have them sign my FUCT tee or whatever SGP item I have with me and take a picture with them. I would also thank them for creating Southern Gothic Productions. Without it, my life would be pretty boring and unimaginative!

If this meeting was in a restaurant, it wouldn’t have happened because bothering them during a meal isn’t the greatest idea right?! I want to go back to Wilmington now! Imagine if that scenario was true?! A girl can dream!

Peter & Miryam: Oh yes, a girl may dream…and please never stop dreaming!! It has been a real pleasure to talk to you again. May I say that we miss you on the cbox…maybe we should put a twitterlink in there for you, haha ;) So all the best to you; and we hope that you will soon find the perfect job for yourself! Thank you so much for agreeing to be interviewed and giving so openhearted answers.

Lissy: Thank you Peter and Miryam for including me in the interview series! I loved it when it first appeared and I am excited to help you launch the new series! I’ll definitely try harder to be in the Cbox more often!!

_________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed reading the interview as much as we enjoyed doing it! Feel free to comment, you should know how it works by now ;) …and come back in 2 weeks to check out what Anna has to say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved