Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy 1 Year to the Street Team Blog! Let's get Sappy!

Do you remember your first birthday? Probably not, but I'd like to try and consider this my second, first birthday and yours too!. This blog was designed to further display our incredible love for SoGoPro. I think in one year it has made huge steps in accomplishing that.

For those who saw this page in the very beginning, you will recall the lack of visual satisfaction. Though I used to design adaquate graphics back in my Nsync/teen days- I'd lost my touch! As you know, time passed and folks like Ella Press and Megan Mary stepped in- and turned this page into a beauty! I'll never forget the first couple posts from Meghan, Melissa, Anneliese...

I believed there was so much Team Spirit between all of us that we needed an open format- a stage... A place where newcomers can identify our devotion and determination to see SoGoPro shine and then want to join us.


When I think of the word passion, a couple street team members pop into mind, Lissy for example- who joined us 38 weeks ago! I'm pretty sure the moment she found us, she was winning contests, tweeting Nick, Inspiring blogs from him haha, chatting in the c-box making friends with everyone! Love it.

Miryam has also been hanging out with us a whole lot in the C-box... Laura M (McCann/Milford) took the Awards poll by storm last month- it was interesting trying to figure out who was who! Glad to have you two girls showing the love!

It's been a pleasure speaking with minds like Niamh, Astrid, Loic, Alina through the C-box... Learning about our team like Vero, Andrea, Vicki and Whitney through the Team Interviews... Handing out awards to amazing SoGo Lovers like Ashley, Hanne, Laura Milford... In one year we have grown, and it's been quite an awesome experience watching it happen!

I still haven't forgotten some folks we haven't seen post here in a while, Izzie, Melissa O., Lisa F., Amber, Charlotte, Katie... Definitely hope to see you all around again, and can't wait to meet new people :) I know that Brandi, Kaitlan Olivia, Alex and several others are always tweeting their SoGo Love too which I always note and admire.


Did you know? Since we started-
  • We have 70 followers of this blog.
  • 50 (+/-) contributing authors
  • 74 different countries have viewed this blog
  • The Team Blog = linked on SoGoPro.com (How cool!)
  • KT mentioned us 2 times on SoGo... Here and Here
  • Nick Gray commented on Lissy's Blog
  • Started with one generic blog page- now have Interviews, Awards, Giveaways, Twitter (Almost 1,500 followers!), Article Series, a SECOND Secret Santa.. several projects in the works...
A pretty successful year!

Now, we all have lives outside of the SoGoSphere- but I for one can say this team has become a huge part of who I am and how I spent my time. I pay attention to those who interact with us- and I can say that I feel connected to a large number of you. When I created the Map of the Street Team- I really wanted everyone to be proud of our numbers, our distance, and our ability to come together in so many forms. You create relevant content, you share with us your artistic abilities, we hear your stories about your life in your home... You are SoGoPro! You've taken an empty space and turned it into a beautiful shrine that will forever eminate our love and encouragement. You represent the heart of SoGoPro and the future of it's success. I'm so proud to say that you all have made this blog a real treasure and I can't wait to see where else it leads us!

Now for a few words from a couple teammates:

Lissy: Although I have not been here for a year, I still wanted to contribute a memory about the blog. I appreciate and thank Kendall for allowing me to become a contributing author. I have never been one to open up and express how I'm feeling and talking to the members of SGP has allowed me to open up and say things that I would never admit to anyone--not even to my family. It's like a confessional for me where I can let everything out into the open. It's refreshing and I love it.
I discovered SGP when my friend decided that I needed to get into One Tree Hill. Let's just say I was hooked. Six and a half seasons in a six week span. Impressive I would say. Anyway, you all know how obsessed with Twitter I am. I searched for Hilarie and found SoGoPro. I had no idea what it was or why she had chosen that username. After clicking on the page, I saw blog entries, vlogs and pictures. 38 weeks and 3 days later, I'm still sticking around and moderating the chat box.
My first big memory was when I tweeted Nick Gray. A random statement of saying "I have been adding verses to the Judith Light song" turned into a blog entry. I didn't think anyone knew who I was, but when Nick mentioned my username in a blog, my smile was a mile wide. Then months later when I saw his play, The Dying Words of Edison Strange, he commented on my blog and took the time to fill in some of the blanks for me. I thank him for being so nice and willing to answer my questions.
Another memory for me was my first chatbox encounter with KT. I had no idea that he popped into the cbox. I knew people would say "you never know who will come into the chat box so watch what you say." Well when I saw "kt" pop into discussion, I was pretty happy that I happened to be around at the right time! He's so awesome and I love his industry insights.
I thank Hilarie, Nick and KT for starting such a great company. It's been great learning about the business and hearing about the process of making movies. You brought together millions of people around the world who all share a passion for creativity. Also a major thank you to Kendall for working so hard to promote SGP. You do an amazing job with the blog and Twitter and article series. Thank you to everyone I have talked to here. You all make my days so much brighter and I love you for it.
Happy birthday to a great blog!
-Lissy

Robin: My favorite thing on the Street Team Blog as been the Sunday Interview Series. I really enjoy reading about street team members and getting to know more about them. My favorite one probably being the special Mother's Day blog. There was a whole bonus interview just for Mother's Day! And who can resist Annie's pictures of her daughters sprinkled throughout that section. It was the perfect touch!

Check back tomorrow for an the extended version of Vero's interview with Dani- and on Thursday- get ready to find out about our huge contest where a couple lucky winners will receive SoGo Merch.... in the meantime, leave your love for our 1 year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved