Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SoGoPro Street Team Sunday Interview Series: Dani!

Dani
Location: Switzerland
SGP Profile
Member at SoGoPro.com for 1 Year and 22 Weeks

Favorite Music: Brandi Carlile, Norah Jones, Madison Violet, Damien Rice, Brett Dennen and soooo much more
Favorite Books:
all books by Nicholas Evans, Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult
Favorite Movies:
Fried Green Tomatoes, Sliding Doors, The Bridges of Madison County
_________________
Vero: First of all, I want to apologize for the delay in this interview, totally my fault, but anyway, we’re here again and I’m super excited because I have the chance to interview Dani and I’m going to explore my journalist side… I’m sorry if I make mistakes in English, you know I try but I’m still learning…
Let’s begin with one easy question: Like “The who” once sang… “Who are you” and how did you arrive to SoGoPro?

Dani: Well, I’m Daniela, Dani for you all because it’s shorter and easier to write … and I just
realize that for a long time only one very old friend of mine (I know her since Kindergarden)
called me that :). I’m 34 (oh my oh my, really that old already). I live in Switzerland in
the very picturesque old town of Rheinfelden. My appartment is so close to the German
boarder that I can walk over the stone cobbled bridge and be in Germany in 5 minutes. Doing
the „being in two places at once“ thingy sometimes :) I have one sister, one verrrrry cute
nephew whom I ADORE! I love going to the movies. Read books (mostly novels by Nicholas
Evans, Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult). Spend time with my friends … and of course I’m
addicted to taking pictures :)

Vero: I know you’re an amazing photographer (link to Dani’s gallery on Flickr), but tell us how did you started. Have you taken any classes about photography or is all your natural talent?

Dani: I could just say here that it’s all my natural talent, right ;) Well, maybe it is. But it all started when my parents gave me a camera when I graduated from a school here. That was just
before I went to stay in the US for 9 months. Which was 11 years ago. I went to a College
there (in Torrance, CA) and one of the classes I took was Photography. So I guess, that’s how
it started and I went on taking classes when coming back home.

Vero: We also met in person last year. Did you like the experience? Or in other words, did you like me? Jejejeje…

Dani: Let me think … hmmmmm … really hard to answer … hmmmmm What a question, Vero!! Of course I did and still do like you :) I think there’s always a risk when meeting someone
you only know from the Internet. But with you I was pretty sure that we’d get along more
than well. And I think we did, didn’t we ;)
I loved those 4 days I spent at your place. Especially after I did that tour through Andalucia.
After that I just couldn’t see any more churches and hear about any more historical stuff. So,
Alicante was just the place to go. You’ve shown me “your Alicante” in a pretty nice way. I
got to meet your friends. Eat where all the other Spanish people eat (not in a touristic place).
Meet your adorable cat. And drive through the city on your motorcycle. I soooo much liked
doing that. So thanks again for everything! I really look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Vero: Thank you hon! For all our readers… that’s the kind of people you’re going to meet in SoGoPro, we are cool, right? :-P
But before this I know you went to Wilmington and had a meet up with a bunch of fans of SoGoPro (maybe you were 9 persons?) and you also met Ally and Kelly. How was it and what did you all do here?


Dani: We were 8 (Becca, Jaclyne, Megan, Andrea, Lauren, Andrea, Kim and Elizabeth). Quite the big bunch there :) Those days with the girls were the first part of my 3 months trip through the US and Canada last year. And it was a good start. We did loads of things. Went to a concert
of Bibis. To the beaches. To Airlie Garden. To the Bellamy Mansion. We had the chance to
get a private tour through Screen Gem Studios and see some locations where OTH is filmed.
We also drove to some of the outdoor places where OTH is being filmed. That was very
interesting to see when you follow the show.
So you see, we’ve done it all and had the blast ;)

Vero: You have been travelling a lot lately, right? What is the most beautiful place that you’ve ever visited and why. And then tell us where are you going in your next trip.

Dani: If I compare it to last year (that trip to the US) I have barely travelled this year … just
kidding. I’m really lucky to being able to travel that much! This year I’ve been to places like
Paris, Germany, Holland and Italy. All places that are not too far away from Switzerland. But
it is true when people say, you dont’t always have to travel far to find the good stuff!
The most beautiful place, huh? That’s a tough one. There’s so much beauty all over the world.
You just have to open your eyes. Sometimes beauty is just waiting for you next door. You just
failed to see it.
My mind is always turning and thinking about where I wanna go next. I really love the North
of Europe. Sweden is on my agenda. But next? I think I might go back to the US next year.
Do another 3 months trip until I start working in a steady job again. For right now I’m doing
temporary jobs. This allows me to travel more :)

Vero: Related with this, I know you like postcards, right? I sent you one from Japan but can you tell us how many postcards do you have and from which places? Really, I'm curious... jejeje...

Dani: Oh, thanks again for that :) I love getting postcards. Especially in a world where people
stopped writing letters and instead using their cell phones and write a text or send a quick
mail. Unfortunately most of my friends either don’t like sending postcards or have stopped
doing so. So, to answer your question. I have received a lot of postcards during my life I
guess. From all over the world too. But it’s not that many anymore. I’m the one who sends
them out now.

Vero:
Ohh, it’s a shame... I promise to send you some postcards, because you’re right, is a beautiful gesture and I love to receive one so maybe we can start a new tradition: send at least one postcard by year

Now let’s talk a little about SoGoPro… what section of the web page do you like the most? And what is the SoGoPro project or activity that you are most excited about?

Dani: I think the correct answer for me would be “The Street Team Photography”. Right? There’s so much to discover on SoGoPro. Music and Book recommendations. Those wonderful
Industry Interviews. The Cbox where you’ll find lovely people. All the Vlogs and Blogs … I
could go on and on and on. That variety makes it really difficult for me to decide. So I’m not.
I think it is that variety that I like the most. And I’m excited for everything to come.

Vero: We want to know something more about you… Do you like cooking? What is your favorite food? And as a Swiss girl, do you like cheese and chocolate?

Dani: Awwwww. THE question. Chocolate and the Swiss ;) Of course I love chocolate. And of
course it has to be Swiss. Cause there is a difference. And if you don’t believe me, come here
and try out :) (this is me, Vero, saying that I have planned to do that!! Well, come to see you so I expect to try it)
Apart from Swiss chocolate there is loads of other food I like. Spanish ;), Mexican, Italian, Chinese … Again, to choose from is very difficult. Why choose when I can have it all :)

But I don’t only like eating, I also like cooking. A friend of mine and I, we love to cook whole
menus together. She’s in love with food. If she couldn’t eat anymore, that would be the end
for her ;) Her husband is from Morocco. So we love to cook oriental and Moroccan food.

Vero: I’m going to stole Vicki’s question too… What is the craziest thing you’ve done?

Dani:
Crazy?! Me?? I think I’m about as far away from crazy as can be :) Didn’t you watch that
Vlog Megan did last year? I was the only sane one in that crazy bunch of a group. Go ask
them :) So, the craziest thing I’ve done? Meeting up with that crazy bunch of strangers in
Wilmington NC :)

Vero: Do you have any dream that you want to accomplish? Be a famous photographer or travel to India or won the lottery… I don’t know anything big.

Dani: What a coincidence that you ask me this now. I’ve been debating lately about something a friend of mine (the one I cook with) and I have talked about … I really would like to open
a little Café. A cosy place with small tables and couches. A place where people meet to
relax. To read. To talk. To laugh. A place with a touch of the world lingering there. That’s
something I could imagine me doing sometime in the future.

Vero: I didn’t know that!! I think is a fantastic idea Dani and you’d be really good at it, with yourwonderful pictures decorating the walls and good tea and coffee… um… I’m picturing it right now!

Halloween was the other day so tell us, do you like horror movies and books? Recommend us a terror movie or book that would scared us to death.

Dani: I like horror movies or books about as much as I like being crazy ;) I’m more the
romantic comedy kind of person :) But there has just come out this Swiss movie.
It’s called “Sennentuntschi”. The only translation I found for this would be “Alpine
Bitch”, “Murder Heidi” or “Evil Mountain Doll”. It’s about three guys up in the Alps who
create a doll out of hay and wood and she becomes alive. You can imagine the rest ;) It is
supposed to be a really good movie. So I watched the trailer and that kind of already was
enough for me. *lol*. If you wanna have a taste of that “Murder Heidi”, go have a look at the
trailer (you’ll get it without understanding Swiss German).





Vero: jajaja... Alpine Bitch... how cool!! anyway, I imagined that you would say that, so I’m here to recommend our readers a good terror movie too. Is called The Others and the director is Spanish (of course), Alejandro Amenabar, but the main character is played by Nicole Kidman, it’s about ghosts and I think you’ll love it! (maybe not you Dani... jejeje) The film was filmed in English so you can see it without problems, here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwq_8P8jbYw

By the way I watched the trailer and now I’m dying to see it. I have to find subtitles or something... jejeje.. I love terror movies.

Finally, I want you to think about a song that reminds you about SoGoPro. What song is and why have you choose it.

Dani: The toughest one at the end, right? ;) That’s really hard. I love music. I listen to so many
songs. Maybe one from Damien Rice. The Blower’s Daughter. Or one I just recently heard by
Biffy Clyro. God and Satan. I really couldn’t choose. What song would you choose?




Vero: Are you really asking me this? Is a difficult question... really difficult... let’s see... Maybe something from Queen, or U2, or Coldplay... or The Beattles, ja! “Under pressure“ would be a good one, but I’m choosing “Magnificent“ from U2, why? Because SoGoPro is exactly this, magnificent :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved