Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Sunday, September 26, 2010

SoGoPro Street Team Sunday Interview Series: Vero!

Name: Veronica
Location: Spain
Member at SoGoPro.com for 1 year and 18 weeks


Andrea: Let's start off with the standard first question. How did you first
find out about SoGoPro?


Vero: I wish I could say something more interesting,, maybe that I found out
thanks to a mysterious whisper in my ear that told me to visit the
blog, but I’m afraid that it was the usual, I was looking for
information about Hilarie because I used to be a moderator of a
Spanish forum about One Tree Hill and I found the blog. I started to
visit it everyday and one day I heard a annoying noise coming from my
computer and it was someone (probably Ali, Megan Mary or Pfeiffer)
typing on the chat, so I couldn’t stop myself and even with my poor
English I stepped in to say hi. That was the beginning of all my
relationship with SoGoPro.

Andrea: From what I can recall, you were the first person to meet up with
someone you met from SoGoPro. Tell us a little about how that happened
and what it was like.


Vero: Yeah, I think it is true. The truth is that it happened in a very
natural way and also quickly… I met Elizabeth in the chat but she had
already sent me an email because she found a post about SoGoPro in my
personal blog and, blame the destiny, she lived in my same city. So we
started to talk in the chat and at this time we were working in the
tribute video to SoGoPro so we decided to meet and do something
together. And it was a complete success, Eli is like a tornado in
person, full of energy, and she also speaks English very well (better
than me, J) so it was a perfect mix. We still met regularly to have a
coffee and talk, she is a darling. And I also met Danielle in person
too because she came from Switzerland to Spain on holidays and she
took a train and came to my city to visit me. She stayed in my home
for four days and she is awesome too. She is clever, funny and a very
interesting person to talk to. I wish I could speak more fluid English
to share a lot more with her and you all, but I’m on it because I’m
taking classes.

Andrea: You were also the first person to meet the infamous Ali.. what was that like?

Vero: Oh my God! It was fabulous and unbelievable too, but that is what is
like with SoGoPro and its “magic”. Me, a Spanish girl who didn’t speak
too much English and had never been before in the U.S. was able to go
to Wilmington, see the Screen Gem studios and met Ali, it was a dream
come true and Ali was a fantastic hostess.

The funniest thing was the first time we saw each other. She knew who
I was like because she saw a picture of me, but I didn’t. I was really
nervous and my friends were trying to calm me down and she came to our
table and I realized that she was even more nervous than me! It was
short but intense, one of my best days for sure.

Andrea: What do you like the most about SoGoPro, and is there anything that
miss about the "blogger" days?

Vero: This is a difficult question but I’m going to say that the best thing
about SoGoPro is the closeness and the good vibes that they have with
the supporters. There is an expression in Spanish that fits perfectly:
buen rollo. We use this colloquial expression to show that you’re
feeling good in this place, people are cool, the atmosphere is
relaxing… something like that. Everyone in SoGoPro is real, authentic
and I think is one of the best things about this company. I could say
more things but I don’t want to write a book so I’m going to stop. And
if there is one thing that I miss about the old days is the
excitement, the feeling that we all were taking part in the beginning
of something new, something great. Obviously now we are witnesses of
the growing part, and it’s great too, but different.

Andrea: You are also a HUGE music fan. What are some of your favorites?

Vero: Yes, it’s true, I’m always listening to music, while I’m working,
cooking, having a shower, driving… everywhere. Sometimes I think that
my best friend is my iPod… jejeje. Well, I love all kinds of music but
no, I’m Spanish but I don’t like flamenco, I’m sorry, but I enjoy
equally a rock song or a Spanish ballad. I can’t choose between all of
my favourite artists and bands but if a band has a good live
performance, it will remain in my music heart forever. That being
said, I really enjoyed the concerts of The Corrs, U2, Coldplay, The
Cranberries (I have a weakness for them), Muse, Keane, She & Him… and
on the Spanish side, Shakira (she is great), Fito & Fitipaldis,
Presuntos Implicados, Ricky Martin…

Andrea: Tell us a little more about you outside of SoGoPro. What do you
like to do on a weekly basis? What is a day in the life of Vero like?


Vero: Well, my life is simple and easy: I go to work everyday (I’m a
sociologist), I usually have lunch with my parents and then I go home
to play and feed my lovely cat. That’s it. There are a few things that
I usually do weekly: listen to a new song or a new band, go out to
have a beer or a coffee with some friends, watch a movie (it’s better
when the movie is good) and search for some new things to do, new
trips, new concerts, new friends, etc…Ah! I almost forget this, I play
hide and seek with Milo (my cat) at least once a week, you should see
him, it’s hilarious!

Andrea: Do you have any hidden talents?

Vero: No, I like to show all my talents (I’m joking, jejejej…) I don’t know,
maybe you have to ask this question to someone else, don’t you think?
I used to write a long time ago and I have a couple of short stories
written, maybe it could be a hidden talent. If I had others hidden
talents there are so well hidden that I haven’t found them yet, but I
don’t lose hope J.

Andrea: What is your favorite color?

Vero: Easy, blue. Why? I have no idea, maybe the sea, I live near the sea so
I could be a factor.

Andrea: (I stole this one from Vicki) What is the craziest thing you’ve done?

Vero: Umm… it probably was when I bought a plane ticket to visit Wilmington
last year. I had planned a trip to New York, and in the last minute, I
decided to go follow my instinct and go there. It turned out
fantastic. I’m also very impulsive so I’m always ready to do whatever
I think is funny or interesting, like go to the cinema at 5 a.m. to
see live the final episode of “Lost”, or buy a plane ticket to see a
band and come back the same day, or go on a trip (to Scotland, one of
the funniest trips I ever had) with people that I knew in a website,
or buy a motorcycle without even know how to drive it… things like
that. The last crazy thing that I did was in January when I decided in
fifteen minutes to join a group of friends and buy a plane ticket to
go to Japan this summer, so I’m leaving in 3 weeks… J

Andrea: What is your favorite wine?

Vero: Spanish red wine, a “Rioja” is always a good choice but a “Ribera del
Duero” is really good too. I usually buy one brand, “Coto de Imaz”,
because is red, is relatively cheap and is really good. I wish I would
know more about wine but is not the case, I know if a wine tastes good
to me, but nothing more.

Andrea: Do you have a favorite post/memory of SoGoPro?

Vero: My favourite memory is from the beginning, when Hilarie and Nick gave
the shout outs to the fans in that vlog, it was awesome! And also the
long nights in the chat, talking with Raquel, Becca, Megan Mary, Ali,
Marion, you… I had sleeping problems these days because I didn’t want
to go to bed. There are also a lot of posts that I remember, like the
one with Hilarie chasing a woman who was jogging on the beach, or when
Nick and Hilarie were talking about Star Treck… there is a lot of good
vlogs, blogs and podcast, so newbies, search between the files and I’m
sure you’ll find something unique to watch or read. SoGoPro magic, my
friends…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved