Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Sunday, April 11, 2010

SoGoPro Street Team Sunday Feature Series: Whitney!


Name: Whitney Clayton
California
SoGoPro member for 44 weeks and 6 days
SGP profile (it has music on it! cool!!)

About Me: Hello, my name is Whitney and I am from California. I attend SBVC in my hometown and I am a Film major and psychology minor. Film is my passion and my life. I chose Psychology as a back-up plan haha!!I hope to some day work for Southern gothic, The cw, Warner Bros. or Disney. Which ever comes first.

I would like to one day own my own production company and make movies that are design to inspire. Someone once asked me, "Most people want to be in the industry for fame a fortune, why do you?" I don't care about about fame because it ruins you and I don't care about money or if my work makes it #1 on the charts. I want to do it because I want to inspire others. I want that one person who is having a bad day to watch a movie and by the end know that everything will be okay. That's why it's my passion and that's why I aspire to make this dream a reality:)

I also enjoy acting, which i am pretty new at so i am still learning the craft. I am a pretty down to earth person (Some may call me a hippie) and i am pretty shy until i get to know you. I enjoy weird and strange things and I am known as the nerdy kind. I get excited about the stupidest things on the planet haha! but it doesn't bother me because I am just being myself.

Favorite Music: I have a lot of favs but to name a few: Led Zepplin, AC/DC, The Get Up Kids, Jackson Waters, The Fray, La Rocca, Tegan & Sara, Lifehouse, Snow Patrol, Bethany Joy Galeotti, Tyler Hilton, Bryan GreenBerg, Elvis Castello, Colbie Calliet, Leonia Lewis, Kinna Grannis, Civil Twilight

Favorite Books: The entire twilight series=], Anything written by nicholas sparks(my fav. author), The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, Twilight by William Gay You Can't Drink All Day If You Dont Start In The Morning, My sisters keeper, the time traveler's wife, Edger allen Poe, Of mice and men by John Steinbeck, Tennessee Williams

Favorite Movies: I have a billion favorite movies but to name a few: My girl 1& 2, the karate kid 1, 2, 3, million dollar baby, gran torino(love clint eastwood), Alice in wonderland, the blind side, Hachi, Amelia, Fame, The secret lives of bees, A.I.

Whitney's BLOG
Whitney's TWITTER
Whitney's FACEBOOK

Last Week Elise interviewed Melissa Olim- well, this week Melissa got in touch with Whitney- Here's the Interview!!!

Melissa: Hey Whitney! thank you for agreeing to be this weeks sogopro featured member!!

Whitney: thank you so much. it really means a lot to be this weeks featured member.


M: congrats! you have been a member for 45 weeks now! How did you find out about sogopro?

W: Well, funny story really I had a myspace account and I was looking at some one tree hill fanpages and came across Hilarie Burton's page (Back then I thought it was really her.) So I kept up to date with the blogs and the posts. They posted one about Southern Gothic and I wanted to know what it was. They didn't mention the production part though. So I googled Southern Gothic photography and believe it or not Southern Gothic Production just so happened to pop up.

M: Haha that is a funny way to find out! haha i always ove to hear how everyone finds out about sogopro :) We all know sogopro is awesome! haha! but what keeps you coming back for more?

W: Haha! yea, it is awesome that's for sure. I think what keeps me coming back is the fact that I finally have a place where I can just be myself. I have always been the outcast because I am a really shy person, I like the arts and most people consider that nerdy so to speak. People think artist are weird and they like weird things (Which is true) but when they discriminate you over it, it's kinda dehumanizing. People always want you to to be a certain way and you have to live up to societies standards. but why should we be judge because of who we are? When I first joined this company I felt like a weight finally had been lifted off of my shoulders. I thought "I finally found people that had similar interest and I could relate to them. They were just like me." Everyone was so welcoming and nice and it's a rare thing to find people that are just nice because they want to be not because they want something from you. But what really hit home was the veterans day blog that Hilarie posted about her friend and how he took her under his wing when she was alone. Gosh, that blog made me cry so much because I know how it feels to have people make fun of you and just not want to be your friend because you like certain things and you are a certain way and they can't understand why. I feel like sogopro has taken me under their wing and made me feel like I belong. Sometimes I think sogopro started out as just a "Production Company" and now I think it's so much more now. It's a home for all those people that were lost and now have been found again. That's why I keep coming back.

M: that is truly inspiring! people can be quite cruel. Like i said in my interview, i consider us a big family! Do you think you know our family well? or would you like to know them better? :)

W: Well, there are a few members that I talk to on daily bases, I mean we've actually swapped phone numbers and we text and talk to each other on facebook and sometimes in the chat but I would like to get to know everyone that is a part of sogopro because I do agree that we are a big family. I think that if we get to know each other then we get to know what they are about. And I think we get to help each other when it comes to living our dreams and inspiring each other along the way. Sometimes when I tell people about SoGoPro the first thing they ask is: Have you ever met them "Offically" because they don't know that it's all online at first until I tell them about it. And when I tell them they just look at me like I am crazy because I don't really know them. But I think that it doesn't matter If I have met someone "Offically" or if we just chat it up in chat or through e-mail or whatever, sometimes you can care about someone from a million miles away and never actually look them in the eye. It just has to do with that human connection that we all have. And I do hope that I can meet my "Family" officially one day.

M: Definitely. some people don't understand how some one you've never met, and is half a world away can be considered a friend. We definitely all understand that here. :) We all know that our family has a lot of talented members, in so many diverse things. :) what are your hobbies or talents?

W: I really enjoy drawing and I am sure you've seen some of the things that I have posted on flickr or on the street team blog. I have been drawing/painting since I was born practically and it just comes naturally to me. I am also addicted to Photoshop haha! I love graphic design which I inherited from my father who is also an artist too. I am an avid reader. You probably will never see me without a book. I kid you not! I love to read, my favorite store is actually barns and nobles. Whenever I have money I spend my day there, and even if I don't have money I am still there sitting in the stacks reader something. My favorite author is Nichaols Sparks, his books are beyond amazing and he has over 15 books and I have read them all but 1 which is his newest one. The book I am reading right now is Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury and I am really enjoy this awesome read. I love watching movies especially inspiring movies like "The secret lives of bees" which is also my favorite movie. And my newest hobby is acting. Since I have been apart of SoGoPro I have fallin' in love with the craft. I have taken theater which was a great experience and I am planning on taking acting to learn new skills and techniques. i also enjoy listening to music. I love the music version of the podcast because i can find out about bands that I have never knew existed.

M: that is so awesome! i can't even draw a straight line :P haha it's also so great that you love reading! keep up with the acting maybe we'll see you in our favirite show someday! ;) try to imagine this scenario. you are in the two sister's bookery, looking for some great picks from the sogopro book club and Hellick walks in! what would you say to them? because none of us would just walk out without a word! :P haha

W: haha! oh man, I am not sure. Well first before I walked up to them I would have a small panic attack haha! Then after that I would walk up to them and hug them. I would thank them for everything that they have done since the company started, you know, all the time and effort they have put into keeping us up to date with vlogs, blogs, ect... I would tell them how much they have changed my life, and how they have inspired me.

M: haha i think we'd all have a panic attack! While talking to them (because you know you would! haha) if you could pitch an idea to them about a possible future project what would you want them to do?

W: oh this is an easy one, I would want them to do a skit of a folklore like little riding hood or Hansel and Gretel and put a sgp spin on it. I think that would be so cool to watch.

M: awesome!! :) how has sogopro impacted your life? has anything changed since joining sogopro? like perspective on life, creativity, or passion? has your possible career choice changed?

W: This company has impacted me in so many ways. I see the world so differently now then before I joined SoGoPro. I have always been open to new and exciting ideas, but now I am more open to every single thing that comes into my life. Since I join I find myself more inspired by the small things in life and I try my best to rub off on others. My creativity has been effected tremendously and most of the things that I do now are inspired by SoGoPro. i am really into the whole gothic, creepy, scary, Edger Allan Poe, why the heck are you watching that? type of stuff now.

M: that is so great Whitney! :) so far sogopro has released some awesome material! out of everything released, what was your favorite? and why?
W: I think my favorite so far has been "Friendship Union Community Theater." I think that's when we got to see them really in action & showing off there passion for filming/acting. I also love the podcasts too, I love listening to what really happens behind the scenes. I am a film major so it really helps to learn from people that are actually in the industry.


M: it is definitely one of my favorites too! that is so awesome you are a film major! go for your dreams girl!! if you could spend a whole day with either hilarie, nick, or kelly doing whatever you thought they would enjoy doing with you. Who would you pick? and what would you spend the day doing? it could be something you do all the time in your home town that you think is awesome, or something special that you wish you could do.

W: Wow, this is the hardest question you have actually asked me. First I wanna say that I love those three to death and I think they are the most amazing human-beings, they just facinate me and I aspire to be like them. But out of the three I would have to say Hilarie. I think Hilarie & I are a lot a like in some ways. I think her look on life is so amazing and she doesn't care what other people think about her. Now, if I had to pick something that we'd enjoy doing together I think it would have to be... spending the day in Wilmington. She's so passionate about that town and she loves it with all her heart so I would say an adventure in Wilmington. I have never been so I would love to see it with a true Wilmington native. We could check out antique shops because I love old/classic things, museums, maybe take in some sights, talk to some locals, find a place to trespass like they did in one of the vlogs just sayin', take in a movie, and afterward check out the best place to eat in Wilmington and just relax for the rest of the evening. I think that would be a dream come true for me.

M: haha! definitely! Hilarie would probably be the best tour guide! Thanks for agreeing to be this weeks Sunday featured member :)

W: thank you I had tons of fun answering all the questions you threw at me!

Now's the time to talk to Whitney folks! You've read her posts, they've been great!
Wonder who Whitney will be talking to for next week...
And be sure to participate in the SoGoPro Street Team Awards for April! Voting stops Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved