Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Friday, April 9, 2010

Does God Hide Easter Eggs for Angels?

(my title has nothing to do with anything, however this question actually came up at my family get together. I so admire the way children look at the world.)

My family has always celebrated the holidays in a very big way, and Easter was by no means an exception. We had family from Alabama and Oregon join us in sunny SoCal for the festivities. The house was full of laughter, the occassional crying child, and the wonderful aromas of delicious food. April 4, 2010 was my first Easter without my parents. It was also the first Easter that I didn't go to church. Now to some that may not be a big deal, (and truthfully it isn't) but for this girl who grew up a pastors kid, it definitely wasn't normal. And even with as fantastic as my Easter was, not going to church still made me feel like something was missing.

Until I read Hilaries blog, 'Bunnies and Baskets' (if you haven't read it yet, PLEASE do! http://sogopro.com/node/1262)

"Does God dream?", what a beautiful question from an eight year old boy. As someone who grew up believing in God, I can't imagine answering that question honestly and the honest answer being 'no'. I can't imagine believing in a God who didn't dream big, or at all, because I don't think God dreams for Himself. I think He dreams big for you and me. And isn't that what we do for each other? (and what we should do for ourselves?) We dream big dreams for those around us because we see in them even the smallest shred of greatness and we can't wait for that to explode and paint the world a new color (kind of like Easter eggs).

"...yes, God does dream of great and beautiful things." So shouldn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved