Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Talkin' about books...

Those who know me, know I'm a book freak.My book blog turns one TODAY! YAY! I've been blogging for a whole year today, and I feel great.

So, keeping up with the book topic, I have a recommendation.

Beautiful Creatures is an ah-mazing book, and its setting is the South.

Some loves are meant to be…
others are cursed.


There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
At least, that’s what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn’t have been more wrong.
There was a curse. There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.


I cannot praise this book enough. It's without a doubt, the best book I've read after Harry Potter 7, and that's a big compliment. Really, I don't know what else to tell you to make you read it, except for go buy it now, you won't regret it.

Here's a little of my review:

This book is the longest I've read in a while, but I wish it would've kept on going, I didn't want it to end.


Everything's been the same in old Gatlin for as long as Ethan can remember. He's gone to school with the same people every year, he's played with his best friend every day since he was little, he knows who's gonna win the election for Snow -I mean, Ice- Queen every time.
He always knows how the movie's gonna end.

A nightmare haunts Ethan's nights. One where he's not alone. There's a girl with him, but he can't see her face, he can just smell her. She smells of lemons and rosemary. And they're falling, never able to come too close. She slips away from his grasp every time. Even his dreams never change. He's had this nightmare for months now.
But to Ethan's surprise, along comes a girl ready to turn his world upside down.

That girl is Lena Duchannes. Dressed in all black, Ethan first sees her in the school's halls. And he's mesmerized by her immediately.
And when he goes looking for her, it hits him. The girl from his dreams -more like his nightmares- is here. She's real, and he can't believe she's so close to him, when in his dreams, they fell more and more apart.

But Lena's an outsider, she's seen as an intruder, and to top it all, she's the town's crazy shut-in's niece. Ethan doesn't care about this, about any of it, because she's the one he's been dreaming of all this time. And he has to know her. Even if that can kill him.

Ethan and Lena become fast friends, a friendship that'll later blossom into love. But she could leave him anytime, because the curse upon her is a very old, very powerful one. He tries to help her find the loopholes in this curse, but the closer they get, the worse it is.

Secrets and lies and spells and voodoo intertwine and it is up to Ethan to help Lena survive.

******

You seriously need to read this. I'll try to find some of the SGP's book club in return.
xoxo,
Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved