Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let Your Imagination Run Wild...

I was reading Dandelion Wine earlier and realizing that I honestly need to read more often. I read for school but those are just articles that I really don't care to know about...Internet studies, art history biographies, criticism of television...it's not reading for ME, it's reading for other people for classes I don't ever need to take any information from.

I finished Bloodroot, the recent SoGoPro book club book, in three days. I was so immersed in the stories of Myra, Doug, Byrdie, Laura, Johnny and John...I won't give details of the plot because it would take away from the story. For three days, I was able to transport myself into this fictional place where I could escape the pressures of my daily life and live vicariously through the characters in the story.

I miss reading for pleasure and I miss being able to relax and stay up way into the night to read. I posted in the chat that I'm having some trouble getting through Dandelion Wine. At this point, I would just give up and not trudge on. I'd probably move on to a new book. But it wouldn't be on the SoGoPro reading list or Hilarie's favorite book for that matter if it wasn't a good book. I'll have to just keep going and maybe I'll figure out what the plotline is haha. In Bloodroot, it was exciting to find out how each character was connected and with this story, I haven't had that "A-HA!" moment just yet. I'm hoping it happens soon.

After Dandelion Wine, I have one story that I've been DYING to read for months now--Catcher in the Rye. I never got to read it in high school and I have heard it's one of the most amazing books out there. I own it, but I haven't gotten around to reading it and I need to. I also want to re-read Flowers for Algernon which is my FAVORITE book in the world. I could read it 500 times and not get sick of it (A little Lissy trivia for all of you out there). Finding my old copy of The Great Gatsby would be fun too...where did I put that book?!

If any of you have any book recommendations, I'd love to hear them! I have some Celia Rivenbark books that I bought that I want to get through too...so much to do! I asked my sister if I could take her Kindle since she doesnt use it so I'm excited to read on that! I hate when my books pile up and I have no room for them!!

Time for me to sit back, relax, and let my mind wander into the pages of a paperback book

-Lissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved