Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Monday, May 9, 2011

A journey almost complete...

Hey everyone,

Just checking in with you all! I wanted to share some pretty exciting news going on over this way.

So, as some of you may know I'm a senior in college- well not for long! I graduate on May 28th and have been chosen out of all the other musicians in my department (vocal majors included) to sing the national anthem with my vocal trio a capella at the ceremony! In front of the entire class of 2011 and all the professors at the school! Holy cow.

When we auditioned for that gig, we got another one without even trying.... On June 4th we're singing the national anthem at the Massachusetts State Democratic Convention!

Finally, I used to have a girl group in high school- and randomly enough- we were asked to do a reunion show this August. So- we're shaking the dust off our favorite oldies girl group songs, buying some cute new outfits and hitting the stage as The Tutti-Fruitties once again. (Nice name right? You can totally tell three 13 year olds chose that one!)
What was crazy is how we agreed to do that one show and the next day we got a call to do another show a couple towns over the next night.
So, there are four random singing gigs that literally just fell on my lap, as I search for a decent part time job while completing my internship, and collecting my music business/flute performance degree. How random?!

I suppose it's the universe reminding me that I can still sing? Who knows. I just wanted to share so you all had an idea as far as where I have disappeared to! College is coming to a close so you'll see some nice work done here on the blog soon, which I consider to be wayy overdue!

Also let me remind you I have sooo much SoGo Merch I want to give away. Finally, I'll be able to hold some good contests and get your creative juices flowing!

Just hang tight and wish me luck!!! Nerves and shock, nerves and shock.

Wonder where all of this is going!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved