Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SoGoPro Street Team Article Series: Soul Train


I love good piano driven music, and for me Gabe Dixon is a master at it. I have to thank SGP and the one responsible for picking ‘The Gabe Dixon Band’, to feature them on Podcasts 2-3. They’re a new personal favourite of mine.

Gabe, as it turns out is a trained classical pianist and his talent and skill with the keyboard leads the band.

One of the bands major strengths comes down to the songwriting skills of Gabe. His lyrics speak true and have an intelligence that are a little out of the ordinary, and far better for it.

Beauty of the Sea:
“There's a window that overlooks the sea
where someone on a tiny ship is calling out to me.
I've dreamt of rainbows and golden fields
but never has more beautiful a vision been revealed.

The seagulls and the pelicans hovered round her sails
and up from the ocean came the dolphins and the whales.
She smiled at them all and then she turned to me.
I knew then that I would fall for the beauty of the sea...”


A little fun fact:
The Gabe Dixon Band did a cover of Stevie Wonder's 'A Place in the Sun' for the movie 'Charlotte's Web'. It's a sweet uplifting rendition that suits the film.

You can listen to it below.



Take the time to visit their Myspace page and listen to some of the tracks. I’m sure you will not be disappointed. Soak up what you can from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved