Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Sunday, May 16, 2010

night at the museum


Dear All, 

Last night was the 5th Annual European Night at The Museum(s). All major museums, galleries and other spooky places were open till midnight for free in most of the big cities in Poland. I know the event also takes places all across Europe, just different dates. It's an amazing event for those who love great & creepy things to watch and find them entertaining. From ancient art, through middle age portraits to modern art (some were really gross - thank God, you couldn't take pics of it!). You could visit crypts, exhibitions and see reconstructions and clothing from past centuries. Even though I live in this city my whole life, I've managed to learn some new things and see some amazing pieces. I think it's never too late to become interested in history and what it has to offer. Some might say it's 'booooooooring' but once you see it you want to learn more. However, not everything I saw yesterday was to die for. Middle age portraits were simply bad. I get it, it was painted long time ago so people lack the knowledge of proportions, but some people really looked like midgets. I think the most fun was seeing all modern art/photography, old portraits and old transportation vehicles. Not to mention, weapons! Last year's record was 35 k of visitors, so I wonder if this year's night had more visitors. From what I noticed there were italian, german, dutch and other nationalities. 

So, if there's still a chance for you to attend this event in your european country - go for it!


More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigwhitegate/


xoxo,

Kasia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved