Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I can't give you the song, but I can give you the lyrics!

Hey folks-
So as you may know, I decided to compose what is now called "Ode to SoGoPro". It's a catchy, lively tribute to our favorite production company everrrr- SoGoPro. I'm not exactly sure how to deliver it to you all just yet- So while I work on that, I thought I'd post the lyrics to get you familiar before you hear the actual tune. I spent the majority of this afternoon writing different verses, keeping some, dropping others- and so on. It was at about 5pm that I sat down to arrange the music. I went up to my room, opened Garageband and started arranging the music. Shortly after I started configuring the melody to the arrangement I had created.
I want to stress that this is the first time in years that I have sat down to write the lyrics out before I figured out the music. Usually I tend to create the track and then improvise lyrics/melodies. I am rather proud of the product- with a few exceptions. There is only so much you can do on Garageband. I admit, I could have taken more creative steps with the loops used. I definitely could have- but I didn't want to dress it up too much either. With the pure intent of the song to pay attention to our SGP world, I wanted music that was driving, catchy and accessible while still allowing the melodies/lyrics/harmonies to be focused on.
Yes- The harmonies. When you do get to hear this, you will definitely notice the harmonies. I will tell you that the biggest love in my life is the sound of harmony. I feel as though commercial music truly lacks the vibrant sound creative harmonies can bring- My motto? There is no such thing as too many harmonies. I love dissonances, I love suspensions, I love the emotion you feel when that chord hits you.
Sound is incredible. Music is to die for... And creation is passion.
Say what you will about the lyrics/"Ode to SoGoPro" but I give you this song as a gift and as a tribute to the SoGoPro Community. This place is inspiring, you all are inspiring- clearly!

I figured I'd write you a little something about the creation of this work- after all- SoGoPro willingly takes us through their creative journey- I feel obligated to do the same and I do so with undying admiration for the inspiration they conjure.
I give you-

Part 1- "Ode To SoGoPro" Lyrics

A few years ago
If you wanted to know
The top video
You'd find Hilarie, on MTV
As I watched the telly
I had no way of knowing
this could bring
Hil to Kelly
Oh what a thrill
To see our girl on One Tree Hill
But still
She didn't get her fill
In 2007, The Hellick (from heaven)
gave us SoGoPro
Woah-
And what do you know
Fans around the globe
Astrid, Lisa, Hanne, Annie- more and more.
All watching out for an encore
Blog, Vlog, Podcast- Tweets galore
And as we join in on their journey
Our own minds soar
And off into our lives,
the passion sweeps the score
SoGoPro for the win
Everyone can begin
Their path together
Talk in chat about the weather cuz we're everywhere
We're everywhere
Cuz we're everywhere
But don't be scared
There's room here for even the light haired
Fern Disco can share
Cuz Grammy's got flare
Mr. Gray and his way with words
Sometimes so funny, yeah- it hurts
Glad he's not an equestrian
That'd make it significantly harder for Austin
Our pedestrian
(He wouldn't be happy about that)
But incase something doesn't work out
and they're all on horseback down south
We'll be sure to get it all on film
Cuz everything is art when you live in ILM
Sometimes you can run out of luck,
when you do, better duck
or else you'll just get FUCT
(SoGoPro) The future of the Entertainment industry
We got our Street Team Pride
Spreading the word
Spreading the word with our Street Team Pride

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved