Simply Hilarie

Simply Hilarie
Coming Soon

Sunday, July 10, 2011

SoGoPro Street Team Sunday Interview: Laura

Please excuse the bad English this week. Sorry. Miryam is kind of “lost in Australia”. I hope she is safe.

Today we would like to introduce you to a member which is not well-known from the chat and therefore is involved without attracting attention. We think our community is so manifold, everybody has its preferences. However everyone brings in his or her part. Some members are visible from time to time and others are just visible in a certain region. So it is with Laura (Flickr: cookie_jar). We, Miryam and I, have noticed her on our Flickr page. Some of her photos are my favorite ones and many of them took place in our gallery. Thank you very much for your input!

Name: Laura

Age: 20

SoGoPro member for 1 year and 16 weeks

Profil: http://www.sogopro.com/user/3638


About me: I am Laura, 20 years young, and I am living in Potsdam near to Berlin at the moment. I started a business study in the last year. I am from the north of Brandenburg, that's a state in the eastern part of Germany. Almost exactly between Hamburg and Berlin. It is a very easeful region with lots of nature and barely industry.


Favorite Music: In Extremo, Journey, Foreigner, Coldplay, Metallica, U2, Foo Fighters, Dolly Parton, Shirley Bassey and David Bowie. A lot more but I'm put on the spot right now.


Favorite Books:
Grace & Grit by Kim Wozencraft. The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith. Hemingway's short stories. Anything unusual. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.


Favorite Movies:
Donnie Darko, Friends with Money, The Good Girl, Irma LaDuce (I absolutely love Shirley MacLaine), Forrest Gump, Fight Club, Singin' In The Rain, Closer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Proposal, Crash, Léon, Amélie, Thelma & Louise.

_________________________________

Summer Crop

The interview:


P&M: Which things in your live are from special importance for you?

L: I just list some things that are important to me or that I like doing: my friends, my grand-parents, my mother, photography, football (soccer in U.S.), volleyball, sport in general, movies, music, books, politics, foreign languages. Sport is very important in my life. It is a balance to my student life and for reducing stress, for example.


P&M: What do you know about the community and how do you got in touch with us?

L: I don't know soo much about the community, but in general I know the community is driven by many very loyal people. The site is really great and of course I like the blogs about books and movies the most.

I got to know the community through the most famous name: Hilarie Burton. In fact, it was just curiosity that I wanted to know what she is doing after One Tree Hill, but as cineast I was stuck (in addition her favorite book is probably “Dandelion Wine”, that is my all-time-favorite!)


P&M: As cineasts we have to ask you: In your opinion, why should there be more independent movies?

L: I think independent movies should get much more support. (On the other hand) they are so special, because the content matters most and there often isn't a strict schedule due to a scarcity of funds. But after the release they should get much more attention. This “production company” is quite small and therefore we can look behind the scenes and I find this very interesting and I am so fascinated about SoGoPro.


P&M: Has SoGoPro inspired you for a work? Maybe not so easy in business studies.

L: I have used the SoGoPro Logo as inspiration for an art homework a year ago.


P&M: What was this homework about?

L: We had to build a picture out of words. Simple spoken, kind of this: http://www.die-hochzeitsmanager.de/galerie/Karten/slides/Einladung%20Herz%20aus%20Worten%20Perle%20weiss.jpg If I remember right, I have used the SoGoPro Logo with a quote from Ray Bradbury.


P&M: That's very interesting. I would never get such an idea. An additional question concerning your great photos on our Flickr site. I don't tell you a secret by saying that we, Miryam and I, have found a lot of treasures there and also used them for our own galleries. I'm sure other members did the same. But you surely know better than us. How do you got in touch with photography? And to which extend do you practice your hobby?

L: I think, I got in touch with photography through my journeys. When you see other landscapes and cultures you would like to hold it in some way. Then you start to be interested in photos made by other people and try to get same good pictures, too. I would like to add, that I have started last august a 365 days project: http://knownaslauren.tumblr.com/ I am just a hobby photographer trying to get better and better, because I'm loving it ;)



P&M: Laura, thank you so much for the interview and the insights. We are even more thankful due to the fact that we know you're having your exams right now. We'll keep our fingers crossed that you get the most available points. And we would love to see some new photos from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Machine- Did you miss any of these popular posts?

 
© The SoGoPro Street Team 2010 All Rights Reserved